However, a number of other good areas came up as well:
- Ways of Building with a API
- Learn Git, WP CLI, Workflow Tools
- Still Learn HTML, CSS and SASS
- Regular Expressions?!
- How to Customize Visual Composer
- Use Sketch to Build Mobile First, Responsive Sites
- Other ECMA languages like ActionScript?
- Learn Hosting More Deeply (ie how and why Pantheon approaches hosting the way they do, NGINX, Linux)
- Learn Local Development with DesktopServer, if you haven’t yet
- Bring Adaptive Content Delivery to WordPress
Thanks again for inviting me on the show, good times!
While working locally on a new site I realized that all of the image URLs were busted. Super happy to test out using the WP CLI search-replace feature for the first time to find out it works great!
wp search-replace oldurl.com newurl.com
Back in the old days I would use plugins like the Search and Replace plugin for this sort of thing just to avoid having to login to phpMyAdmin. Oh the days of GUIs 😉
Really enjoying working with WP CLI. If you haven’t tried it out yet, check out our Treehouse course on Modern WordPress Workflow.