Tonight I am spoke at a local meetup on the new Gutenberg Editor for WordPress.
Here is an overview of the talk and resources:
- The overall Gutenberg Project
- Blocks Everywhere / More theme customization ease
- What is the Gutenberg Editor? A drag and drop block editor for posts, pages and custom post types.
- See Gutenberg in action at https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/
- You should see notices in your Dashboards now about it
- Currently a plugin, will be required with WordPress 5.0
- What if you don’t want it? Gutenberg Ramp Plugin, Classic Editor Plugin,
- There is no exact launch date for WordPress 5.0 – They say “when it is ready”
- What about page builders? It depends on the page builder. Beaver Builder and Gutenberg
- What about Advanced Custom Fields? ACF Blocks
- What about plugin or theme X? Contact them. Look for posts like this – Caldera Forms
- Gutenberg “Compatible” Themes. Gutenberg Starter Theme, Atomic Block Theme
- A more in depth demo of features?
- Gutenberg User, Themer and Developer Courses
Thanks to the sponsors, Squidix, the local DMV WordPress Hosting providers.