I just found out about this cool plugin, Word Stats, from Fran Ontanaya. Here’s what it provides stats for:
- The total word count.
- The number and percentage of posts of each post type.
- The top 20 keywords.
- The percentage of posts of basic, intermediate and advanced readability level.
- A graph with monthly word counts for each post type.
- Diagnostics tables, with links to edit the posts that may be too short, too long, too difficult, too simple, lack relevant keywords or abuse certain keywords.
You can also get the following on the edit page for a post:
- Relevant keywords. Common words can be blacklisted with regular expressions in the settings page.
- A more accurate word count.
- Color coded readability tests: Automated Readability Index, Coleman-Liau Index and LIX.
- Total characters, alphanumeric characters, words and sentences.
- Characters per word, characters per sentence, words per sentence.
For the right crowd, this thing is awesome. Thanks Fran!